Archive for January 5, 2012
- Looked at sites from our assignment on monetary & fiscal policy.
- Played the Fed Chairman game
- Showed that it is impossible to balance the federal budget without cutting mandatory spending/entitlements
- State revenue comes from income & sales taxes while they spend the largest portion on K-12 education.
- Local government tax revenue comes from property taxes
- Tax Freedom Day is April 7th in Michigan
- Excise taxes such as cigarette tax in New York being $4.35 a pack!
- Manufacturing grows at fastest pace in 6 months article
- Discussed GDP=economic growth measurement
- Watched GDP video clip to define
- Looked at economic data charts from the Federal Reserve Bank in Dallas
- Worked on Dallas Fed chart questions and turned in at end of hour.