Archive for February, 2012
- Correct & Collect Dave Ramsey, Chapter 3 Money in Review questions
- Collect Dave Ramsey, Chapter 3 video guide
- Apple market value hits $500 billion, where few have gone article as example of a large-cap stock.
- Take the Econ Challenge online. More information can be found on the homepage of this website.
- 1. Type in your first & last name, click continue.
- 2. On the next page, type in the items within the parenthesis for YOUR FIRST NAME & ACCESS CODE boxes. Click BEGIN.
- 3. Correct answers are +10, Incorrect are -5, blank answers are 0.
- 4. You will have a 35 minute time limit to answer 30 questions.
- 5. Be sure to print your results page. If you are at home and do not have a printer be sure to email me a screen capture of your results. This will be how I grade the assignment.
- Extra Credit will be awarded based on your final score. The better you do the more extra credit you will get!
- Additional extra credit will be available to the top finishers if they accept the challenge to take our State test online and will be formed into a team for the purpose of attempting to qualify for the State Finals on March 25 at Walsh College
- Turn in your results page by the end of the hour or show me your screen and record your score on the piece of paper up on my desk if you used your mobile device.
- In Chapter 3 of the textbook, read 3.1 & 3.2
- Complete the 3.2 parts of the assignment: 3.2 Who Gets What? How Do Societies Decide? & 3.3 Who Decides What in Different Economic Systems? for homework Wednesday night. (EXCEPT FOR 5th HOUR)
- Finish Dave Ramsey-Chapter 2 video guide
- Handed out Dave Ramsey-Chapter 2 Money in Review
- Complete 1-22, 23 & 26. Due Wednesday at the start of class.
- Dave Ramsey, Chapter 3 video guide will also be collected.
- Handed out Chapter 3, Who or What Decides What You Get? from textbook
- Welcome back from mid-winter break!
- Passed out Dave Ramsey Chapter 2-Investment Options video guide
- Watched Parts 1 & 2, and about half of part 3. Completed video guide as we watched the video.
- Reminder: If you are absent for a Dave Ramsey video you do not have to complete the video guide for the parts you were absent. Just write absent and the day you were absent at the top of the front page and continue wherever we are at upon your return.
- Review the concept of utility
- Outrageous Food video clip
- Opportunity Cost explanation ()
- Production Possibilities Frontier
- Watch Episode 9 & 10 (search “mjmfoodie episode 9″ on YouTube if you cannot see the video embedded here and complete episode 9 & 10 worksheet as you watch
- What PPF’s show-on the line=efficiency
- Why they bow-increasing opportunity costs
- A point inside the PPF shows inefficiency
- Terry Tate video clip
- A point outside is not attainable given the current level of resources (factors of production)
- Shifts outward of the PPF (additional resources are gained)
- Wile E. Coyote & Roadrunner video clip
- Inward shift of the PPF (loss of resources)
- Worked on Utility & Production Possibilities Frontier packet
- Complete for homework and turn in on Thursday or Friday
- Chapter 2 Test on Thursday
- VoiceThread Entrepreneur project is due tonight at midnight
- 2.3 Factors of Productions Examples (complete sheet as you watch the two examples)
- How a Baseball is Made video clip
- Fruity Pebbles Unwrapped
- The iPhone Economy video
- Example of Apple’s supply chain and there combination of the factors of production
- Apple, America, and a Squeezed Middle Class article
- Productivity graphs & utility pictures
- Discussed the increase in worker productivity and the need for less workers
- Explained the concept of utility
- Equated utility to “happy points”
- Had a student eat numerous candy bars and rate the happy points for each consecutive candy bar to show the law of diminishing marginal utility.
- Other examples of utility and diminishing marginal utility were shared.
- In media center to work on VoiceThread Entrepreneur project
- Project due Tuesday night at midnight
- Chapter 2 Test on Thursday