I enjoy watching the students be engaged in their learning with books and i-pads and I wanted to share it. ENJOY (Short clip, but you will get the idea!)
I hope that the video will help the students remember some fun activities that they did in Science in 5th grade!
The pictures with the 2nd graders are posted on the picture page now. If the web address is blue, it is a direct link. If it is black, you will have to copy and paste. I can’t get a direct link with my Apple computer right now, but I can fix it with a different computer later. Enjoy!!!!!
It was an exciting day when we received our I-Pads.
Some of the special people who visited our class on October 3rd.
Each month Mr. Metty plans a new reward for students who meet their behavior goal in their grade level. In September, it was being quiet while walking the halls. I am glad to say that all students were able to meet this goal. Students will be able to see a movie and permission ships were sent home to be signed. In October, the goal is to get all homework and classwork handed in. More than three missing assignments will disqualify the student from the next reward. Each goal is a continuing one, meaning that being quiet in the hallways still counts. (As will missing assignments for the rest of the year.) The students are looking forward to their first reward!
I sent a note home about group e-mailings. If you wish to be part of my group e-mail, please fill out the form and send it back to me ASAP. It would only be used for times that I would want to get a message to all parents, maybe for a project due date, or a snow day, etc. Thanks! Mrs. Biondi
Now that your child is receiving grades, which are posted in the Parent Portal, I know that some of you will have some questions on how your child can improve his/her grades.
- Any quiz (same quiz concepts, new problems) can be retaken for a new grade. However, I need to know that the student has studied, so I require a parent signature for a retake. Otherwise, the student tends to do worse on the retake quiz.
- There is NO retake for the end of the unit test.
- If an Interventionist, Resource Room Teacher, or I study with a student, we will sign for the student to retake a quiz, if it is OK with the parent.
SOCIAL STUDIES AND SCIENCE:
- There are NO retakes on these tests, but I do allow the students to do corrections (time permitting) for extra credit added to the grade. Students must write out or type the questions and the answers, staple it to the test, and hand in. I go over the answers in class, so they can copy the correct answer from me, in order to do the extra credit assignment at home.
- Some memorization tests, like state abbreviations and state locating, students can retake the same quiz for a replacement grade, with parent signature, that they have studied.
- I periodically hand out worksheets related to our unit of study for extra credit. Also, some students speak to me about a special report or project to do (related to unit of study.) This cannot be done the last week before report cards and the report or project must be done satisfactorily..