Pankow Horticulture Science Class and FFA have won $100,000 to build a high tunnel green house and community garden at the F.V. Pankow Center. Students will extend the growing season with the high tunnel and donate the produce to local food banks.
On April 15, 2014 48 FFA members competed at MSU in Floriculture and Greenhouse Competitions. Each competition included plant and flower identification, a written exam, and a practical. Five students became certified student florists, and 32 students recieved a gold or silver medals.
On Tuesday all students need to click to save the rainforest, the link is down on the right side of this page. Send a comment with your name that you clicked.
This coming Tuesday May 25, 2010 Atwood second graders will visit Pankow and visit several of the programs. They will get to pet a baby goat, make butter, listen to their heartbeat, and others. Students are working hard planning for this activity. The day will follow the activities will be patterned after the Farm Bureaus Project Red. We have the following activities planned.
- Animals -Goats, Corn, Baby Lamb, Bunny
- Chicks, Wolcott Mill
- Greenhouse tour, students make seed necklace
- Butter – Students make butter
- Bumble Bees, students get a honey stick
- Criminal justice Students get fingerprinted and card to go home
- Child Care – Craft Project
- TV – Students do an interview
- Culinary – Cookies and milk, students get got milk sticker
- Health Occupations – Students listen to heart
- Visual Imaging – Computer Activity
- Auto – Engines, tractors.
Calla Lily Wedding Flowers Students designed boquets, and arrangements for a wedding click on the link to see what students at Pankow are doing
Click the link on Environment to help save the Rain Forest. Let me know that you clicked and one thing you learned about the rain forest