Looking for a good book to read? Looking to discuss it with someone? You’ve come to the right place! Click the title “Student Book Reviews & Comments” above to contribute! Scroll to the bottom to add a new review, or click REPLY to comment on another student’s post. All comments are reviewed before being displayed; they will not appear immediately. Be sure to include your first name and last initial, as well as your homeroom; you do not need to list an email address.
Directions: Whereas you’re free to contribute anything you wish here (debate, argue, comment on someone else’s post), you must follow the guidelines listed below for the book review. Of course, correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation are a must, and watch out for capitalization of characters, titles, chapters, and so forth!
- Post a personal review of a book you read (underline the book’s title), and be sure it isn’t just a “back of the book” summary. Here are some items to include:
- What genre is the book? (Mystery, drama, scifi, action, fantasy, etc.)
- Tell a quick summary of the plot. What is this book about, what happens in the story, etc.
- What did (or didn’t) you like about the book?
- Who was your favorite character, and why did you like him or her so much?
- Who was the protagonist? Who was the antagonist?
- What was your favorite part of the book, and why? Describe it in detail.
- Were you left wondering anything? Or were you confused by any parts of the book?
- Who would like to read this book? Who should avoid it?
- Be sure not to spoil any of crucial plot points (who kills who, if someone dies, etc.). Instead, leave readers with a cliffhanger–having to read the book to find out what happens.
Take a look back at your post periodically to see if anyone else has commented. This blog may also be an excellent source for you or those looking to find a good book to read for class or pleasure. Enjoy!