Hey, it’s Kayla and Rebeka here. We went to the movie theater on Wednesday to see the movie Oceans. In this movie there are weird animals that swerve around in the cool, damp sea. You can learn about many other animals when you see this movie. You can see us when we post our next story. If you see it we hope you enjoy it too. See ya.
Image by Oaks, Linda. bluetang.jpg. 2008. Pics4Learning. 9 May 2010 <http://pics.tech4learning.com>
Hey it’s Abby and Nicole! We want to tell you about a book we have read! The book is called Adopted by an Owl! It is a true story about an owl named Jackson! Jackson (as a baby) gets stolen out of his nest. A man named Chris, with a licence, comes to take care of him! One last detail they set him free at the end but… can’t tell you the rest so check it out! 🙂
Hey everybody! Our third grade classes are working on an Author Scavenger Hunt. Check out some of the cool things we learned.
- Its actually suprising that Dr. Seuss would be 106 years old! –Peyton
- Dave Pilkey was actully a salesman when he was younger! ~Leah
- Jeff Kinney was born on 1971 in Maryland and went to University in the 1990’s!~Alex
- Diray of a wimpy kid was released on April 2007.~Ally
- Dr.Seuss is relly his name but he is an unaffechle Doctor~Sabrina
- Do you like Diary of a Wimpy Kid? Well if you do you should go and see the movie!!!!!!!! It comes out on March 19, 2010. It looks really good!!!!-Haley
- The Pigeons birthday is on April fools day.Austin
- Did you know J.K Rowling is a girl? Andria
This is some cool facts that we learned watching the Olympics. Two of the people in our class liked Short Track Speed Skating the best. This one guy, Apollo Ohno, would be in last and comeback and win! It was great. It was really fantastic and he’s the best. We saw the couple’s figure skating and they were dressed as cowboys. It was really awesome and we loved how they danced to the music. One of the couples were from U of M. They won a silver medal. We felt a little surprised because they were only college kids. One person liked the one person figure skating. We saw Plushenko skate and he did really sweet jumps. And he spun so fast, it looked like he was going to throw up! When I saw the beginning of curling, I was amazed how they worked together! I was surprised at how fast they swept and got it toward the middle. Cross-Country Skiing is probably the hardest sport. It was amazing how theycould keep skiing for an hour and thirty minutes!
I hope you enjoyed watching the 2010 Winter Olympics as much as we did!
Mrs. Lawrence’s 3rd Grade