Archive for January 24th, 2011
Judging from all the laughter I am hearing while I type this post you guys really like the story starter site I found at Scholastic.
Parker is going to pod cast all your ideas tomorrow and we will type them in next week.
1. Mr. Alvaro need your camp permission slip ASAP. Camp will be a lot of fun so if you want to go you need to bring in your permission slip.
2. I finally picked out my baby picture, but a lot of you haven’t so you need to bring it in tomorrow.
3. We are having a spelling test on Friday.
4. Alexis will be posting our poem along with a podcast so watch for that.
5. There is this amazing game called guess the number and if you want to find it type in “guess the number” in the search bar.
6. This weekend I went to my Uncle Bill’s 60th birthday, lost a game of Slap Jack to a 5 yearold and a 3 year old, and I learned CPR. What did you do?
Our Poem this week is by Shel Silverstein.
It’s called Edge of the World and it goes like this:
Columbus said the world is round?
Don’t you believe a word of that.
For I’ve been down to the edge of the world,
Sat on the edge where the wild wind whirled,
peeked over the ledge where the blue smoke curls,
And I can tell you, boys and girls,
the world is FLAT!