Hi this is Deja with todays news.
1. Wow were did the weekend go? This weekend I went to my friends house and we went swimming.
1. Tomorrow is McDonald’s Night.
2. Mr. Alvaro’s marathon went great and you’ll never believe this, but the runners passed right by my street and In saw Mr. Alvaro.
3. Friday is Popcorn Sucker Day.
4. Family Fun Night was a sucsess, too bad I couldn’t be there, give me a shoutout if you were there.
5. Today is Britney’s Birthday, Happy Brithday to You, if you wanna give her a birthday wish please leave a comment!
6. In Social Studies we are reading about Patriots and Loyalists.
1. Mr. Alvaro’s dad is back in the hospital. He’s still no feeling well. We are making him get well cards today.
2. No Spelling test Friday.
3. This weeks poem is called Safe.
4. Report cards go home tomorrow.
5. It’s snowy again and I’m sick of it.
6. Science club is taking place this Wednesday.
7. We ran out of Smencils!?! WHAT!?!??!? If you’re thinking like this don’t worry because we’re ordering more and they will be here on Thursday.
1. Miss Moore came to our classroom and was our mystery reader yesterday. She read Clickety Clack Moo : Cows That Type. It was funny.
2.Report cards go home on Tuesday.
3. Check out all of our QB posts.
4.Student Council is selling Smencils (scented pencils) for 1 dollar.
5.Family Fun Night is coming up.
6.Book order slips went home today. They are due next Wednesday.
1. Boy has it been a week of events for me…
Friday: Went to Flipout with Amanda, Jordan, Junior, Kayla, and Danielle.
Saturday: I found out I needed glasses and went to dinner with my mom’s friends.
Sunday: I went shopping with my daddy.
Monday: I did nothing.
Tuesday: I saw the movie Diary of a Wimpy Kid 2: Rodrick Rules.
Wednesday: I did nothing.
Thursday: I went bowling and got my glasses.
Friday: I did nothing.
Saturday: I went to the Edsel and Elenor Ford house. That place has 60 rooms and their daughter had a life size house with 4 rooms.
Sunday: I had brunch and played outside all day.
2. Today is lucky tray day and I hope I win.
3. Sometime today we will have a tornado… did I say tornado I mean tornado drill.
4. Report Cards go home on Friday and I’m shooting for all A’s again.
5. Our new poem is called Signal.
1. Today is April Fools Day and Mike and Nick (the identical twins) pulled the best one yet. Nick went into our class and Mike went into Nick’s classroom. Mr. Alvaro didn’t notice it, but we all did.
2. Today is also Popcorn Sucker Day and they have Webkinz on the cart for a dollar… APRIL FOOLS!! If you believed that for one second you obviously didn’t read the note that was sent home yesterday because it states “EVERYTHING on the cart is $.25.
3. We say our class pledge every morning.
As a member of room 12 I pledge to respect myself by making good choices, respect my classmates by treating them kindly, and to take responsibility for my actions.
1. What a great weekend I had. The best thing about Friday was the clock at our school went really really fast and then it stopped which was weird (I think it’s because of the SUPER MOON). On Saterday I sold hot dogs and other things at the Mom 2 Mom sale. Then I went to my friends Dunja and Alex’s house and we ding-dong ditched this old lady and she chased us around the sub-division. Finally I went to my friend Natalie’s house and stayed the night for her birthday. On Sunday I went home and picked up dog poop.
2. Friday is our book swap and so far we have over 500 b00ks. Now is the time to bring your books in.
3. The 1st grade musical is on Thursday and I can’t wait to see my little buddy.
4. McDonalds night is tomorrow.
5. Our homework is to write our poem and illustrate it.
6. All this week we’re doing 100 multiplication problem and if you get 100% you don’t have to do it anymore.
1. Yesterday we sang songs in class, my 3 favorites so far are A Quake, If I Had a Million Dollars, and The Pamama Canal.
2. Friday is Popcorn Sucker Day.
3. We are going to hear the last book reports today and so far Peppermint Pops by Sierra and Blubber the Expanding Wonder are my favorites.
4. 62 days to camp.
Hey, it’s me again I went to Toys R Us yesterday and I saw this cool LEGO Ice Dragon and I got Pixos mini and a Squrimal. I’m going to buy it soon. I’m going to bring my Squirmal if you want to see it you can.
1. Your PARENTS have some homework tonight. Take them to the Uniform post and have them add their two cents.
2. We are happy to have tornado drills so we are ready. We will have one today.
3. Book Fair for us is on Thursday.
4. It’s not to late to turn in your Math-a-Thon sheets.
5. We have a new class pledge.
“As a member of Room 12, I pledge to respect myself by making good choices, respect my classmates by treating them kindly, and take responsibility for my actions.”
6. We are doing our Baby Picture contest today. Who will guess the most pictures correctly?
1. We have a new student! His name is Junior and he is very nice. He sits across from Amanda, next to Deja, and diagonal from Jared.
2. Today is Dr. Suess’ birthday. Happy Birthday Dr. Suess! Dr. Suess was Mr. Alvaro’s 5th grade teacher, can you believe it?
3. Our school is competing in the Math-A-Thon. The Math-A-Thon is a fundraiser for St. Jude’s Cancer Reasearch Hospital. You do math and get money for every problem. You get prizes and the money is donated to cancer research.
4 . Book orders came in today.
5. Don’t forget to pick up your mail.
6.Progress reports are being sent home today.
7. On Techie Kids, the other blog we use, we had a contest. Beth in 3rd grade, Colista, and I won.
Why did the monkey climb the tree????
1. Welcome back! This weeken I went to the mall. What did you do?
2. Congratulations to Mrs. VanHulle for winning teacher of the year.
3.Congratulations to Cory and Courtny for winning 2nd place at their piano competition.
4.Google Doodles and permission slips are due tomorrow.
5.Mr. A is starting to hang up baby pictures and boy are we cute.
6. Book orders will be here tomorrow.
1. Beyblades are still banned and will be all year.
2. Sometime soon we will have a tornado.
3. The Book Swap is coming up. We had a contest for what Alvaro Bucks should look like and I won.
4. Book Reports are due March 9th
5. Make a snoman this weekend and e-mail it to Mr. Alvaro.
6. Mrs. Hillman read us Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss.
1. This weekend I had fun with my friend Olivia as well we saw an alien flying through space just kidding but my friend is real.
2. This weekend Mr.A went to Buffalo and got to see his granddaughter Julia.
3. We are entering a contest for google called Google for Doodle. That is are homework for tonight.
4. YAHOO no spelling this week.
5. We are reading the book called Loser so far I think it’s a good book.
6. Are Spin story’s are due tomorrow.
7. We will watch CNN student news and I can’t wait to see what Carl has to say.
8. Today we learned about the 5 themes of geography.
Who was the first person to walk on the moon.
1. Tonight is Science Club and I’ve heard about it from Maria and she said it is a blast!
2. Last night was McDonald’s night and it was a sucess lots of students and staff were there.
3. Book orders are due tomorrow and I honestly don’t think my mom is ordering me a book.
4. In math we are learning about dividing decimals and if I do say so myself I’m doing very well. We have a test on it tomorrow.
5. In social studies we are making a pledge film strip. We are doing our final copies today.
6. In science we will be learning about the food chain. I can’t wait.
1. Today is our party and it looks like it’s going to be great! I brought Valentine’s and Alexis brought chips and several people brought pop. Then we are going to the computer lab. Yeah Boy!!!!!!
2. Book orders are due on Wednesday and I’ve been hinting my mom to buy me a book or a craft set. Mom if you are reading this PLEASE buy me something!!!!!
3. McDonald’s night is tomorrow and that is going to be fun I wish I could go.
4. The breakfast challenge is going on and if we buy 120 breakfasts we get to watch a movie.
Heyyy, Mr. A is finally back so that means I’m back on the air. In 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, live from Chesterfield it’s Wednesday morning!!!
1. Welcome back Mr. A we all missed you. We had fun with Mrs. D, but we missed you a lot.
2. You all need to bring in your own pretzels pencils.
3. We made Mr. Alvaro Sunshine In A Can and we all put happy thoughts on Suns and whenever Mr. A is having a “rainy” day he can pull one out and laugh.
4.You need to bring in pencils, oh I already said that.
5. Tomorrow and Friday SCOPE is selling Valentine’s suckers for 50c.